General Paint Corp. is committed to upholding an individual’s right to privacy and to the protection of their personal information. In the course of operating our business, General Paint Corp. collects, stores, uses and discloses certain personal information about our customers and suppliers.
All personal information collected by General Paint Corp. remains confidential and is appropriately safeguarded as identified by the Federal Government under PIPEDA and/or the British Columbia and Alberta Governments under PIPA.
All General Paint employees.
For the purpose of this policy, “Personal Information” means any information that can be associated with a specific individual (i.e.: Social Insurance Number, date of birth, etc.).
- General Paint Corp. will collect personal information about our customers and suppliers that is necessary for the operation of our business. This personal information will be used to determine eligibility for credit; will be supplied to a collection agency if their services are required; or will be used to determine eligibility as a supplier. This information may also be used for statistical research; to build relationships with “Preferred Painters Club” members and “Loyalty Advantage Club” members; and may be used in advertising or promotions (upon receipt of consent).
- General Paint Corp. is required to disclose personal information to the following groups: credit granting agencies and collection agencies. In addition, we may be required to supply personal information to a public body or law enforcement agency concerning an offence under the laws of Canada, or to our legal counsel.
- Any personal information that is no longer required is either shredded (if on paper) or deleted (if stored electronically).
- Security safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of the information protect all personal information collected.
- Access to personal information is limited to those employees who need to know the information to carry out the identified purposes.
- Individuals may access and verify their information and find out to whom General Paint has disclosed it at any time by contacting our Privacy Officer, Dick Glassford at firstname.lastname@example.org. Upon receiving such a request, General Paint will:
- Inform you about what type of personal information we have on record, how it is used and to whom it was disclosed;
- Provide you with reasonable access to your information so you can review and verify the accuracy and request any required changes;
- Make any necessary updates to your personal information.
- There may be some circumstances under which we will not be able to provide you with access to all of the personal information you have requested. For instance, if the information has already been destroyed in accordance with our policy of only keeping the information for as long as it is needed.
- General Paint Corp. will continually assess our practices to ensure that our customers, debtors and suppliers privacy is respected.